Energy Agency of Plovdiv
WHO ARE WE
Energy Agency of Plovdiv (EAP), Bulgaria is the first energy management agency established in Bulgaria under the SAVE II program of the European Commission (EC). It is now one of the few such agencies established in Central and Eastern Europe following the decision of the EC in 1999 to expand the program to our region of Europe. The EC and others have considered EAP a huge success in the country and in the region since its inception in 2000. EAP is continuing its activities promoting energy efficiency and clean energies as well as identifying and developing new energy projetcs. Energy Efficiency (EE) is a new concept in Bulgaria; supply side issues used to be the main topic for discussion on the national agenda. A success was shifting the focus to the demand side of energy, bringing attention to energy consumption issues within the community and providing practical ways for individuals, communities and businesses to improve their energy management.
EAP cooperates closely with partnership agencies in all European countries.
WHAT OUR GOALS ARE
- To promote energy efficiency at the local and regional level
- To provide energy efficiency and RES comprehensive information, education, advocacy and lobbying
- To raise public awareness of the connection between energy efficiency and climate protection
- To promote programs, institutions and investments favouring sustainable energy development, including renewable energy sources
- To identify and realize bankable demonstration energy efficiency and RES projects
- To encourage international cooperation, with a focus on financing and market penetration; and
- To enhance Bulgarian participation in the European integration process.
WHAT WE DO
The main services Energy Agency of Plovdiv provides are:
- Performing energy-conservation audits for factories and buildings
- Developing local/regional sustainable energy plans
- Identifying and developing energy-saving and renewable energies projects
- Providing education and training on energy conservation
- Conducting a public information campaigns on energy conservation and clean energies, entailing exhibitions and publicity; and
- Acting as a source of information on energy conservation, which involves the creation and maintenance of databases.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT EAP
FEDARENE, the European Federation of Regional Energy and Environmental Agencies, published an article about the work of the Energy Agency of Plovdiv in one of its INFO FEDARENE bulletins. It was focused on the necessity of European cooperation on a regional level, and it is available for you here. You may also read it in German. If you have any comments or questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Energy Agency of Plovdiv
139 Ruski Blvd, fl. 4, of. 402
Phone: +359 32 625 754, +359 32 625 755
Fax: +359 32 625 754